The Stover-Myers Mill, which comprises 26 acres along the Tohickon Creek in Bedminster Township on Dark Hollow Road and the creek in Pipersville.
- Historic Features
Originally, this mill started as a water-powered gristmill/sawmill and was later powered by steam. Owned by Jacob Stover in the early 1800's, the Stover-Myers Mill produced flour and animal feed for regional and local consumption. Jacob repeatedly modernized it to make the mill more efficient which was later needed in order to keep up with the ever-changing market. As a result, it remained competitive for over 150 years.
Like many gristmills, the mill stayed within the family long after Jacob passed away. Unfortunately, mid-western competition ceased the milling of flour around 1920. The mill did continue to operate as a feed mill and acted as an agricultural retail supplier until 1955, when it closed completely. The County purchased Stover-Myers Mill in 1967 to make it a public park and open it for tours. Since 1978, the mill has been listed as a National Historic Place.