What happens with a Non-Payment Referral?

Non-payment referrals are sent to the Juvenile Probation Department by the Magisterial District Judges when juveniles do not comply with a lawful sentence issued by a Judge for various summary offenses. The only exception would be for the offense of Truancy (Violation of Compulsory Attendance Required 24 PA.C.S 13-333(b)2). 

A sentence imposed by a Magisterial District Judge may include court costs, fines, and community service. If a sentence is not fulfilled, the Magisterial District Court will forward a Juvenile Certification Form to Juvenile Court Services. Juvenile Court Services will then send a notification to the juvenile informing them of their options to resolve the matter.

Show All Answers

1. Where are juvenile court hearings held?
2. Are Court Hearings Open to the Public?
3. What is the Proper Attire for Court?
4. Do I need to hire a lawyer for Court?
5. What is the Court process following the detention of a juvenile?
6. What is decided at the detention hearing?
7. What is adjudication and disposition?
8. What is the referral process/intake?
9. What do I need to bring to the intake interview?
10. Can a juvenile be fingerprinted or photographed?
11. How do I pay my restitution and Court costs?
12. Can parents be held responsible for any payments?
13. What happens with a Non-Payment Referral?
14. How are juvenile records expunged?
15. How long are juveniles able to remain under juvenile probation supervision?