Emergency Rental Assistance (BERA)
Changes to Bucks Emergency Rental Assistance (BERA) Program
ALERT: BERA Program Accepting Applications
Effective 2/13/24 the BERA program will open to accept applications. Applications will be prioritized for eligible tenants who have an active court-filed Landlord/Tenant case for nonpayment of rent, a utility shut-off notice, or are requesting relocation assistance. Submitted applications will be processed until program funds are exhausted, though payment is based on funding availability and is not guaranteed. The BERA program will then close when all available remaining funds have been expended.
Effective 8/14/2023, due to limited funding availability, applications will be prioritized for eligible tenants that have an active court-filed Landlord/Tenant case for nonpayment of rent, a utility shut-off notice, or are requesting relocation assistance.
The BERA Program provides rental and utility assistance to eligible Bucks County tenants impacted by COVID-19. Both tenants and their landlords are encouraged to apply – either party can start the application. Landlords are able to apply and invite multiple tenants to participate in the program at one time. Landlords must submit a W-9 and if there are rental arrears, a ledger/statement documenting what is owed. Landlords, please utilize only one application to invite multiple tenants – do NOT fill out individual applications for each tenant. Please understand while landlords can apply – an application cannot be completed without tenant participation.
In order to be considered an eligible Bucks County tenant you must be in one of the following housing situations:
- Renting a unit
- Renting a manufactured (mobile) home and/or the parcel of land the manufactured home occupies
- Renting a residence in a “rent-to-own” agreement, under which the renter has the option (or obligation) to purchase the property at the end of the lease term
- Displaced tenant seeking relocation (move-in) assistance for an identified rental unit
- Ukrainian parolees residing with a host family within a Bucks County residence may be eligible to receive relocation assistance through the BERA Program. Ukrainian parolee households will have to meet general program eligibility requirements as well as provide proof that the current host family they are residing with lives within Bucks County.
The BERA program cannot provide mortgage assistance.
The Pennsylvania Homeowners Assistance Fund (PAHAF) offers mortgage assistance to Pennsylvania homeowners.
Tenants will be asked for the following documentation to apply. If you do not have some or all of this documentation, you can still apply. Please contact the BERA helpline at 888-50-BUCKS for assistance:
- Identification for adult (18+) household members
- Past 30 days income (check stubs from the last 30 days, evidence of unemployment, social security payments, etc.) or completed 2020 Federal Tax Return
- Assets – bank statement from last 30 days
- Most recent rent statement, if available
- Utility bills, if requesting utility assistance
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Late notice/eviction notice (if one has been given)
Further details, terms, and conditions are contained in the online application below. Please do not create multiple applications as it will slow the review process.
If a BERA applicant is denied from the program, they have the right to appeal the decision either through a phone call or email to their assigned BERA Case Manager.
Begin the application by clicking the link below. Note: the County is utilizing Neighborly Software for the online portal so applicants will receive an e-mail from Neighborly confirming their registration.
Priority will be given to eligible applicants that have household incomes at or below 50% area median income (AMI) OR 1 or more individuals within the household are unemployed as of the date of the application for assistance and have not been employed for the 90-day period preceding such date.
If you have questions regarding this application or need assistance in completing it, please call the BERA Helpline at 888-50-BUCKS. Current hours are 9 am-6 pm, Monday-Friday.
The BERA Program is a collaborative effort of Bucks County and Bucks County Housing Link Partners.
To see this website in another language, select your language in the "Select Language" button in the lower right corner of this page.
After clicking on the weblink above for the BERA program, translate the application into your language by clicking on this button and choosing your language.
Чтобы увидеть этот веб-сайт на другом языке, выберите свой язык с помощью кнопки «Выбрать язык» в правом нижнем углу этой страницы.
После нажатия на указанную выше веб-ссылку для программы BERA переведите приложение на свой язык, нажав эту кнопку и выбрав свой язык.
单击上面 BERA 程序的网络链接后，单击此按钮并选择您的语言，将应用程序翻译成您的语言。
આ વેબસાઇટને બીજી ભાષામાં જોવા માટે, આ પૃષ્ઠના નીચલા જમણા ખૂણામાં "ભાષા પસંદ કરો" બટનમાં તમારી ભાષા પસંદ કરો.
BERA પ્રોગ્રામ માટે ઉપરની વેબલિંક પર ક્લિક કર્યા પછી, આ બટન પર ક્લિક કરીને અને તમારી ભાષા પસંદ કરીને તમારી ભાષામાં એપ્લિકેશનનો અનુવાદ કરો.
Para ver este sitio web en otro idioma, seleccione su idioma en el botón "Seleccionar idioma" en la esquina inferior derecha de esta página.
Después de hacer clic en el enlace web anterior para el programa BERA, traduzca la aplicación a su idioma haciendo clic en este botón y eligiendo su idioma.
- There are no alerts at this time.