Resources for Residents - Where to Turn for Help

This informational sheet provided by the Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission Inc., will help you or your family member access drug and/or alcohol treatment, as well as give you some other resources. The first step in accessing treatment is to have a drug and alcohol assessment to determine the type of treatment and recovery plan needed. Adult and adolescent services are available throughout Bucks County. For more information, please call our Approval of Care Department at 215-444-2730 or visit Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc

  • To access treatment for those who have private health insurance, call the number on the back of the insurance card listed under Mental Health/Substance Abuse. 
  • To access treatment for those with Medical Assistance, call Magellan Health Services at 877-769-9784 and they will give information as to the nearest treatment agency for an assessment, or go to one of the listed assessment sites. 
  • To access information regarding Veteran's Benefits, call 877-222-8387 to find out eligibility for services. Individuals who are Veterans are eligible for county funding. 
  • For individuals with no insurance, there may be county-funded treatment available, as well as other supportive services. An individual or family member can walk into one of the assessment sites. Individuals who are considered a priority population, such as pregnant substance users, injection substance users, overdose survivors, veterans and adolescents, are exempt from any limitations. Preferential treatment is given to pregnant females.

Family Supports 

Free Family Education and Support Groups are available to help family members of individuals with substance use disorder. Call our office at 215-444-2700 or contact BCARES Family Connect for details. 

BCARES Family Connect is made up of a group of family members who all have a loved one with a substance use disorder. The goal of Family Connect is to support families and loved ones of persons suffering with substance use disorders by sharing their lived experiences and connecting them to resources to help in their journey. 

Family Connect volunteers are available 24/7, either in the hospital emergency department waiting room (at most hospitals), or by telephone, text, email or in person in the community. They can be reached via email at BCARES

Centers of Excellence 

A Center of Excellence (COE) is an agency identified to help ensure that underinsured and uninsured individuals with substance use disorder stay in treatment to receive follow-up care and are supported within their communities. There are two Centers of Excellence in Bucks County: Penn Foundation, Inc. 267-404-5990 and Family Service Association of Bucks County 215-757-6916. 

Recovery Community Centers & Intensive Case Management Services 

For more information about The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc. (CSEPA)'s Recovery Community Centers, Intensive Case Management and Recovery Coaches, visit The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc. website or call 215-788-3738, Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm. Visit Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc. to view CSEPA's monthly calendar of events. 

Recovery Houses 

Recovery Houses are located throughout Bucks County and provide a safe living environment for individuals seeking recovery and support. For more information, visit Bucks County Recovery House Association

Bucks County Recovery Residence Oversight Committee (BC-ROC) has established the Recovery House Scholarship Program to assist with funding up to 60 days of housing for individuals in need who are enrolled or eligible for Magellan/Health Choices of Bucks County. Visit Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc. or call 215-444-2711 for more information. 

For more information about the full array of drug and alcohol services available in Bucks County, Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc.

If you have a complaint about assessment or treatment services you've received, call BCDAC, Inc. at 215-444-2714 or email Complaints.