View victim information and notification every day through VINElink.
County or State Prison
For offenders in a county or state prison:
- If you do not answer the phone, the service will leave a message on an answering machine and will keep calling periodically until you enter the PIN code that you choose when you register. Once you enter your PIN code, the service will stop calling you.
- The offender will not know that you are registered. This service is free and confidential.
- To register by phone: Call 866-972-7284 from a touch-tone phone and follow the directions. For TTY Users: Please call 866-847-1298. A TTY operator will assist you in registering to receive updates about a specific offender.
- To register on the internet: Log onto the Pennsylvania Office of Victim Services
- You can use Pennsylvania's Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (PA SAVIN) system. This system gives victims and concerned citizens the ability to find out if an offender is currently in prison and to register for immediate notification of an inmate's release, transfer or escape from most county and state prisons in Pennsylvania.
- You may register a phone number (or multiple phone numbers) and a PIN code or you may register an email address on the internet.
For offenders in a state prison:
- You can use the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections inmate locator to find out if an offender is currently in state prison at www.cor.state.pa.us. At this same website, you can get information about all of the Pennsylvania state correctional institutions.
- There are additional notifications and services that you, as a crime victim, can receive from the Office of the Victim Advocate. To learn more and register, contact the Office of the Victim Advocate at 800-322-4472, 800-563-6399, or 877-349-1064 (TDD) or www.ova.state.pa.us.
- You may also contact the Victim/Witness Unit in the District Attorney's Office, to receive an O.V.A. registration brochure, at 215-348-6292, 215-348-6305, or 215-348-6303.
No one should depend solely on this service or any other single program for protection. If you feel you are at risk, take precautions and contact your local victim services program.
The PA SAVIN service is also available in a mobile app. The MobilePatrol app was created by Appriss to increase community safety. MobilePatrol can be used by any concerned citizen to connect to important safety information, news, and critical alerts such as descriptions of an actor sought in a recent crime, weather alerts, or missing children alerts for any location of interest. In addition, the app can be used to report tips on suspected crimes and offenders. Appriss partners with law enforcement agencies nationwide to provide timely access to information to keep individuals and their loved ones safe. This mobile app is also available through the Apple App Store and Google Play and can be downloaded on Android and iPhone devices. Download the MobilePatrol app.
VINEmobile offers convenience to:
- Access Victim Services in your area Please note registrations for notification are secure and anonymous
- Check on the offender's custody status day or night
- Register for offender custody status