- Workforce & Economic Development
- Employer Community Connections
Employer Community Connections
The Workforce and Economic Development Department and PA CareerLink® Bucks County work to bring together multiple employers in the same industry sector to address common, overlapping human capital needs. Training funds for your current workforce may be possible; candidate assessment and talent recruitment for your new workers is available.
Candidate Search Resources
- PA CareerLink® Business Services, manages your online business folder to tailor recruitment and referrals
- Pre-Screening of Applicants
- Skills/Qualifications matching your opening and the right candidate
On the Job Training
For employers who qualify, financial assistance may be available to offset the cost of on-boarding and training a new hire. This financial assistance is known as an On-the-Job Training (OJT) where 50% of salary costs are reimbursed for up to 6 months or $10,000. Email Jessica Peterson for additional information.
OJT Reimbursement for Employers
- Maximum reimbursement per employee of $10,000
- Maximum training period per new hire is 6 month, average training is 3 to 4 months
- Reduce the costs associated with training new employees
- Salary costs are reimbursed to you monthly, OJT reimburses up to 50% of wages
- Train your new employee for the skills needed to perform a specific job
Incumbent Worker Training
The PA CareerLink® Bucks County offers Bucks County employers the opportunity for reimbursement for providing third-party training to qualified employees. This training program is available to upskill their existing workforce using a third-party training provider. Depending upon company size, reimbursements can range from a minimum of 50% to a maximum of 90%. Training is available for up to 20 employees per year and reimbursements are capped at $4,000 per person. Employees receiving training must be employed a minimum of six months and must receive a wage increase, or a one-time bonus (dollar amount at the employer's discretion), within 60 days of completing the training. Once the application is submitted for reimbursement payments are made within 30 days. All Incumbent Working Training (IWT) contracts must be signed prior to the start of training.
IWT Reimbursement for Employers
- Employer reimbursement between 50% and 90% of training costs
- Training for up to 20 employees per year
- Maximum reimbursement per employee of $4,000