Weight & Measures Complaint Form

  1. Information
  2. Complaint Form

When you as a consumer make a purchase at a supermarket, gas station, delicatessen, or another retail establishment, do you ever ask yourself if that scale is weighing correctly? Did the prepackaged meat you just purchased have the correct total selling price on the label? Did you receive the correct amount of home heating oil in your last delivery? And the gasoline pump you just used to fill up your tank-did the gas seem a little more costly than usual?


The Weights and Measures inspector is constantly checking and re-checking all of these devices to make sure that any of these mechanical instruments does not malfunction because of normal wear and tear. It is the inspector's job to seek out and find these errors.

If you believe you have been "shorted," either at a gas pump, a mulch/firewood sale, or even at the grocery market scale, the Weights and Measures department will look into your complaint. This form can be used for gas station complaints or suspected shortages, mulch, firewood, topsoil shortages, retail weighing issues, or register scanning issues (shelf price difference, etc.).

Submit Complaint

You can fill out our online Complaint Form or download the printable form (PDF) and print and mail, fax or scan in and email with all your relevant documents to the following information:

Bucks County Department of Consumer Protection / Weights and Measures
55 E. Court St., 2nd Floor
Doylestown, PA 18901
Email Weights and Measures
Fax: 267-885-1420