Hunting & Fishing Licenses
General Hunting Licenses for the 2021-2022 season go on sale 6/14/2021. More information regarding hunting licenses can be obtained from the Pennsylvania Game Commission's website.
2021 Fishing Licenses are available for purchase now in the Treasurer's Office. More information regarding Fishing & Boating Licenses can be obtained from the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission Website.
Sportsman's Firearm Permits
A person who is 18 years of age of older and is licensed to hunt, trap or fish, or has been issued a permit relating to hunting dogs, may apply for a Sportsman's Firearm Permit.
- Drivers License and Current Hunting, Trapping or Fishing License must be presented at time of purchase.
- Valid for 5 years from the date of Purchase
- Fee $6.00
Antlerless Deer (Doe) Licenses
The Pennsylvania Game Commission has new rules and regulations regarding antlerless deer licenses in the 2021-2022 season.
- The three-license limit per hunter has been lifted, provided that a hunter holds no more than six (6) licenses at a time
- Unlimited licenses for special regulation areas have been discontinued
- The price for each antlerless deer license is now $6.97 for Pennsylvania residents and $26.97 for non-residents
|June 14, 2021||General Hunting/Furtaker Licenses for the 2021/2022 season go on sale|
|July 12, 2021||PA residents may apply for one antlerless deer license by mail only. Up to three (3) applicants may submit using one official pink envelope, available at any issuing agent.|
|July 19, 2021||Non-residents may apply for one doe license by mail only.|
|August 2, 2021||Unsold 1st Round — Hunters may apply for one additional antlerless license in any available WMU by mail only. If a hunter was not awarded a license in the regular first round, two (2) applications may be submitted per hunter in this round.|
|August 16, 2021||Unsold 2nd Round — Hunters may apply for one additional antlerless deer license in any available WMU. If a hunter was not awarded a license in the regular first round, and first round unsold, three (3) applications may be submitted per hunter in this round.|
|September 13, 2021||Over the Counter Sales — Hunters may apply in person for any available WMU. There is a new personal limit of six (6) antlerless deer licenses at a time. Hunters may apply for additional licenses as they harvest a deer and report it. Hunters who report their harvest online through HuntFish.pa.gov or call 1-800-838-4431 will instantly become eligible to purchase another license. Those reporting by mail must wait for processing.|
Common reasons applications are rejected
Try to avoid these common mistakes to make sure your application is processed in a timely manner.
- Applying to soon. Applications received prior to the dates listed above will be returned.
- Reaching your personal limit. Avoid applying for more than one license on 7/12/21. You may apply for your second license as of 8/2/21 and your third as of 8/16/21.
- Expired hunting privileges. Be sure to renew your hunting privileges before applying. Senior Lifetime holders must renew their privileges each year.
- Incorrect payment. Please note the price increase in 2021 to $6.97 for a Pennsylvania resident and $26.97 for a non-resident.
55 E Court Street
5th Floor, Administration
Doylestown, PA 18901
Monday through Friday
8 am to 4:30 pm
David M. Bria1st Deputy TreasurerPhone: 215-348-6251
Nicole A. Schuster2nd Deputy TreasurerPhone: 215-348-6249