HIV/STD Program Services are Free
- STD/HIV Screening Clinic – testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV, and treatment for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
- Partner Notification Services – confidentiality refer partners for testing.
- Navigation Services to access HIV treatment and prevention (e.g., PrEP)
- Condom Distribution – condoms can be picked up from our offices or discreetly mailed.
- Get the Facts– Health Communication/Public Information and targeted Health Education/Risk Reduction presentations.
- HIV/STD Program staff also conduct Epidemiologic Surveillance for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV-related serologies, and are available to discuss results and treatment recommendations.
Email ProtectYourself@buckscounty.org for referral information, to make condom requests (individuals or agencies), to initiate Partner Notification Services, for surveillance reporting, to make presentation requests, etc.
Recommendations for Persons Newly Diagnosed with HIV
- Start antiretroviral therapy (ART) treatment as soon as possible after receiving HIV diagnosis.
- Seek HIV medical care from an Infectious Disease Specialist. Primary care providers may also have knowledge of how to treat HIV disease.
- Obtain bloodwork – HIV-1 RNA level (Viral Load) / Genotype testing / CD4 Cell Count
- Get tested for the following:
- STI testing and treatment in accordance with the most current CDC “Sexually Transmitted Infections Treatment Guidelines”
- Viral hepatitis testing (i.e., Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C)
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing via IGRA blood test, e.g., QFT+
- Get vaccinated for the following (as applicable): Hepatitis A/B, Pneumonia, COVID-19 and Influenza (seasonal).
- Partner Notification Services are for people diagnosed with HIV or other STI to provide HIV/STD program staff with information about their sexual partners or partners they have injected drugs with, so staff can discreetly locate and confidentially inform those partners of their risk and to provide them with testing, counseling, and referrals for other services.
- Navigation Services assists people with initial engagement (or re-engagement) in HIV medical care.
- Medical Case Management helps people living with HIV get the services they need, including medical insurance and other benefits.
HIV/STD Program Staff
Sharita Flaherty, MA | HIV/STD Program Manager
Julie Pelham, BS | HIV/STD Navigation Coordinator
Yvette Boyah, BS | HIV/STD Disease Intervention Specialist