The Clerk of Courts Office issues Private Investigator Licenses.
Application for a Private Detective License requires the following:
- Two complete petitions (1 original and 1 copy)
- One set of complete fingerprint cards for each individual
- A second set of fingerprint cards and a check for $17.50 made payable to "Commonwealth of PA"
- A check for $12 made payable to "Clerk of Courts"
- Two (passport size) photos
The application process is as follows:
- The Court of Common Pleas will review the application
- If the application is approved the applicant must secure a $10,000 Surety Bond and submit it to the Court for approval
- If the Surety Bond is approved, the applicant will file the Bond and will then be issued a Private Investigator License and identification card.
- Initial: $57 ($52 plus $5 automation fee)
- Renewal: $21
In addition to the filling fee, a License Fee is due upon the approval.
Initial License Fees:
- Individual: $200 (Issued for 2 years)
- Partnerships/Corporations: $300 (Issued for 2 years)
License Renewal Fees:
- Individual: $300 (Issued for 3 years)
- Partnerships/Corporations: $450 (Issued for 3 years)