Visiting Rules & Procedures
- Processing of all visitors prior to their entry into the facility is necessary to ensure safety.
- When visitors enter the institution on visiting day, they will be checked in at the lobby.
- If visitors leave their assigned seats for any reason, their visit will be terminated.
- Visitors must be on the inmates approved visitation list to enter.
- Note: It is the inmates responsibility to manage their approved visitation list. Inquiries regarding being added to an inmate's visiting list should be directed to the inmate.
- Visitors over the age of 16 are required to have photo identification such as:
- Drivers License
- Employment or school ID
- Non-Drivers license
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Visitors bet ween the ages of 16 and 18 will need to have a legal guardian's approval to visit.
- A total of 2 visitors may visit at any one time.
Violation of any of the visiting rules or other institutional rules will result in the immediate termination of the visit and possible loss of future visiting privileges.
- All valuables excluding ID and keys should be left in their vehicle. No other property is to be brought into the building.
- Nothing is permitted in the visiting room. Visitors are not permitted to bring anything to the inmates and inmates are not allowed to bring anything to the visitors.
- The prison assumes no responsibility for items left in the lobby.
No contraband is permitted to enter the facility. Contraband is anything that is not issued by the Bucks County Correctional Facility, bought in the canteen or approved by the Security Department. Pennsylvania Crime Code Title 18, Section 5123 specifies penalties of up to 5 years imprisonment for bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized articles into the institution.
Visitors in possession of contraband (drugs, alcohol, escape implements, etc.) will be turned over to the local police and will be prosecuted by the Department of Corrections to the fullest extent of the law.
- Halter tops, midriff or tube tops are not permitted, whether in the form of a blouse, shirt or dress, etc. The bottom of all shirts or blouses must extend below the belt line.
- Shirts and blouses with questionable or offensive writing are not permissible and will be cause for denial of visit.
- Short shorts, micro mini skirts, fishnet and see-through blouses or other revealing garments that do not completely cover the private areas of the body will be cause for denial of visit.
- No hats, bandanas or umbrellas, are permitted in the visiting area, unless permission has been granted to the visitor by the Department of Corrections. Religious headwear is subject to search.