- Main Correctional Facility
- Personal Property
Effective immediately, the Bucks County Department of Corrections will no longer accept bulk property upon admission. Only the following items shall be accepted:
- The clothing the inmate(s) is wearing and personal belongings such as wallet, purse, jewelry etc.
- Legal materials (pertaining to Bucks County cases only)
- One Bible or Koran, Religious Medal (no larger than a fifty cent piece)
- Prescription eyeglasses or contact and accompanying paraphernalia
- Dentures and Denture Case
- Prosthetic Devices (as approved by the medical staff)
- Prescription medication (as approved by the medical staff)
- Cash and/or Institutional checks only
Tobacco Products Prohibited
No tobacco products of any kind are allowed.
Court Clothing Exchange
Court clothing exchanges take place 7 days per week between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm, excluding holidays. A written request from the inmate must be sent to the Reception Supervisor no later than 7 days prior to the week of the request.
The written request form (green slip) must be submitted by the inmate and must include the name of the individual who will be exchanging the items. The inmate will receive confirmation as to the date and time approved for court clothing exchange. The written request form (green slip) must be received at least 7 days prior to the requested exchange to allow time for processing.
After making the necessary arrangements through the Reception Unit Supervisor, relatives, friends, etc., may exchange the property at the Bucks County Correctional Facility on the arranged date and time. The person bringing the clothing exchange will inform the Lobby Officer of the inmate's name and that they are here to make an exchange. The clothing will be brought out to them.
The Bucks County Department of Corrections will not accept responsibility for clothing that is left in the lobby.