Aim and Attain - Near Completer Grant
What is the Aim & Attain Near Completer Grant?
Through a grant awarded to the Bucks County Department of Workforce and Economic Development (WED), eligible individuals who left a higher-education study program between 2021 and 2023 can apply to continue and complete their program and attain a degree or certificate at no cost. This may include additional financial support for those who are experiencing a barrier to returning to their chosen program.
Who is it for?
Pennsylvania residents who began a postsecondary educational or training program and exited after June 1, 2021 before obtaining an associate degree, bachelor’s degree or certificate.
The program is open to unemployed individuals as well as currently employed individuals who wish to enhance their knowledge in their current field, or gain skills to transition to a different field.
What are the benefits?
- Free tuition, books, and educational supplies
- Available mentorship, tutorial services and technology resources
- Complete your study program and obtain your degree or certificate
- Meet with a Career Services Specialist to guide you every step of the way
- Connect with staff and resources to assist with job placement for in-demand careers
Timeframe: Now through June 30, 2024
Study programs to complete an associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or formal training program certificate must be completed by June 30, 2024.
- Pennsylvania resident
- Exited a postsecondary study program after June 1, 2021 before obtaining a certificate, associate degree or bachelor’s degree
- Maintained a 2.0 GPA (or higher) prior to exit
- Can complete a certificate, associate degree, or bachelor’s degree program by June 30, 2024
- Attend a postsecondary institution located in Pennsylvania, either in person or online
- Meet the institution’s established program admission requirements
- Intend to become employed within 12 months of education program completion if currently unemployed
- FAFSA completion may be required
Participating Bucks County Schools:
- Bucks County Community College
- Delaware Valley University (DelVal)
- Holy Family University
- Pennco Technical School
How to Enroll:
For more information or to register, please fill out the contact form below:
PA CareerLink® Bucks County is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For program funding details in compliance with the Stevens Amendment, please visit www.buckscounty.gov/1825/Stevens-Amendment