Gail Humphrey was appointed Chief Clerk on January 6, 2020. A resident of Falls Township, Gail is a graduate of Wilkes University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.
Veteran Public Servant
A veteran public servant, Humphrey previously worked as First Deputy Recorder of Deeds in Bucks and Montgomery Counties, preceded by a 22-year career in Pennsylvania state government. During her time with the Pennsylvania Legislature she served as:
- Director of Communications and Legislative Affairs for Representative Steve McCarter
- Legislative Aide for Rep Matt Bradford
- Chief of Staff for Representative Chris King
- Lobbyist for Wolf Block Government Relations
All of these roles were in addition to several leadership, research and public information roles for the Democratic Caucus of the State Senate.
As Chief Clerk, Humphrey is responsible for:
- Handling the record keeping for the administrative offices
- Attesting the Commissioners' signatures
- Administering oaths and affirmations pertaining to business of the County Commissioners
- Affixing the County Seal to contracts, proclamations, ordinances and other official documents
- Conducting research for the County Commissioners and Chief Operating Officer on various initiatives involving commissioner-related departments
Ordinances & Commissioner Meeting Minutes
To review ordinances or commissioner meeting minutes, please contact the Chief Clerk to schedule an appointment.