Note: Dates Subject to Change
All dates are subject to change without notice in the event of passage of any amendatory legislation.
Please note: All candidates and committees for local office must file with the Bucks County Board of Elections at 55 E Court Street.
Timely Filing Note
Postmarks are acceptable as proof of timely filing when the report is postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service no later than the day prior to the filing deadline. Any reports missing notarizations or unsworn declarations in lieu of notarization will be subject to late fees as they are considered incomplete.
In accordance with the Campaign Finance Reporting Law, those who file required reports after the filing deadline are assessed a late filing fee of $20 per day for the first six days that a report is late, and $10 per day thereafter, up to a maximum penalty of $250.
2023 Annual Report Deadline
- Type of Report: 2023 Annual Report
- Complete as of: December 31, 2023
- Filing Deadline: January 2024
2022 Annual Report Deadline
- Type of Report: 2022 Annual Report
- Complete as of: December 31, 2022
- Filing Deadline: January 31, 2023
2021 Annual Report Deadline
- Type of Report: 2021 Annual Report
- Complete as of: Friday, December 31, 2021
- Filing Deadline: Monday, January 31, 2022
Annual Report Note
Annual Reports must be filed by all candidates, political committees and contributing lobbyists that have not filed a termination report.
2023 Municipal Primary Campaign Finance Report Deadlines
- 6th Tuesday Pre-Primary
- Complete as of: Monday, March 27, 2023
- Filing Deadline: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- 2nd Friday Pre-Primary
- Complete as of: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Filing Deadline: Friday, May 5, 2023
- 24-Hour Reporting (Daily)
- Begins: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- Ends/Includes: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 (Primary Day)
- 30 Day Post-Primary
- Complete as of: Monday, June 5, 2023
- Filing Deadline: Thursday, June 15, 2023
6th Tuesday Pre-Primary Notes
6th Tuesday Pre-Primary/Election Reports are required to be filed only by candidates for statewide office, their authorized candidate committees, and any political committee or lobbyist that has made an expenditure to influence the election of a statewide candidate.
Political committees/lobbyists that have not made an expenditure to influence the election of a candidate for statewide office need not file the 6th Tuesday Pre-Primary/Election report.
2nd Friday Pre & 30 Day Post-Primary Notes
2nd Friday Pre and 30 Day Post-Primary/Election Reports are required to be filed by all candidates appearing on the ballot and all political committee and lobbyists that have made expenditures to influence the election of such candidates.
2023 Municipal Election Campaign Finance Report Deadlines
- 6th Tuesday Pre-Election (State-Level Candidates + Committees Only)
- Complete as of: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Filing Deadline: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- 2nd Friday Pre-Election
- Complete as of: Monday, October 23, 2023
- Filing Deadline: Friday, October 27, 2023
- 24-Hour Reporting (Daily)
- Begins: Tuesday, October 24, 2023
- Ends/Includes: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 (Election Day)
- 30 Day Post-Election
- Complete as of: Monday, November 27, 2023
- Filing Deadline: Thursday, December 7, 2023
In the event of any special election, candidates and committees should contact this bureau regarding reporting requirements and filing deadlines.
Political Committee Treasurers
It is the treasurer's responsibility to file required committee reports. Keep this schedule available for reference prior to each reporting deadline. If you need a reporting form, you may print one from the PA Department of State's (DOS) website or request one from the Bureau of Commissions, Elections and Legislation.
You may also file your report online. Visit the DOS website Campaign Finance page to learn more and submit your reports online. Please remember that all reports must include your filer identification number on the cover page.
If you have any questions about Pennsylvania's Campaign Finance Reporting Law or reporting requirements, please direct them to the Campaign Finance Division of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Commissions, Elections and Legislation at 717-787-5280 or contact the Bucks County Board of Elections.