Bucks County Administration
The administrative arm of Bucks County government coordinates a wide range of services including emergency, community and human services, the county prison system, voter registration and elections.
Chief Operating Officer
As Chief Operating Officer, Margaret A. McKevitt is tasked with the day to day operations of the county, as well as facilitating the functions between the Commissioners, Row Officers, Division Leaders and Courts.
The Chief Clerk is responsible for county record keeping, attesting Commissioners' signatures and affixing the county seal on official documents, as well as overseeing the Board of Elections.
Among other things, the County Solicitor oversees the Legal Services Division.
Project and Diversity Officer
Divisions & Departments
Under the Commissioners' policies and direction, the Chief Operating Officer also oversees seven divisions who manage programs and services to meet the needs of all county constituents and employees.
Each division consists of a number of departments that deliver related services to the public. The divisions include:
- Community Services
- Housing and Community Development
- Military Affairs
- Planning Commission
- Workforce and Economic Development
- Community Corrections Centers
- Correctional Facility
- Emergency Services
- Emergency Communications
- Emergency Health
- Emergency Management
- Fire Marshal
- Public Safety
- Finance and Administration
- Board of Assessment
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- General Services
- Asset Management/County Properties
- Capital Projects, Facilities Maintenance, Roads and Bridges
- Parks and Recreation
- Health Services
- Health Department
- Neshaminy Manor Nursing Home
- Human Services
- Area Agency on Aging
- Behavioral Health/ Developmental Programs
- Children and Youth Social Services Agency
- Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc.
- Consumer Protection and Weights and Measures
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Law Department
- Open Records/Right to Know
- Public Defender
Falling under the Administration arm is also the Human Resources Department, which while mostly internal does handle all job requisitions and applications.
The Public Information Department maintains clear lines of communications between the county and its constituents. The Public Information office also coordinates and organizes Commissioners' Meetings.