The Workforce and Economic Development Department offers two programs to youth in Bucks County through PA CareerLink®. Both programs are grant funded to provide career exploration, workplace readiness skills, post-graduation opportunities, industry recognized certifications and credentials.
Out-of-School Youth Program (Ages 16 to 24)
The Out-of-School Youth (OSY) Program offers free High School Equivalency (GED or HiSET) instruction and Employment Services for eligible Bucks County Youth ages 16 to 24. Youth who already have a high school diploma or equivalency may qualify for Employment Services.
OSY program offices are located at the Trevose and Perkasie locations of PA CareerLink® Bucks County. The OSY program is currently offering services both virtually and in person. Programming is open enrollment, so youth may join at any time. Services are offered year-round, Monday through Friday.
Fees related to studying for and attaining a high school equivalency (GED or HiSET) are covered for all enrolled participants, including textbooks, online resources, study materials, and testing fees.
Employment Services Available
- Resumé, cover letter, and interview preparation
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognized certifications
- Placement in paid work experience/internships opportunities
- Funding for occupational skills training
- Tools and tips about employability skills needed to enhance career opportunities
Other Benefits of Enrollment
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling during enrollment and for a year after during follow-up
- Incentives such as gift cards for benchmark achievements
- Supportive Services such as uniform reimbursement and transportation assistance
In-School Youth Program (High School Juniors and Seniors)
Whether your path is the military, furthering your education, or transitioning directly into the workforce, the ISY program will equip participants with the necessary skills to aid you in achieving success!
Discover the skill sets you may already possess. Plus, learn how your personality traits may be a great match for various career paths through exploring tools such as The Holland Code.
- Explore various employment search engines
- Participate in a mock interview
- Research average salary, work conditions, necessary education/certificates, etc.
- Select a particular occupation that matches your personality traits and interests
- Write a cover letter and resumé for specific opportunities
- Write a Thank You letter as a follow-up to an interview
Explore how social media can work for you. Learn how to create a LinkedIn account and experience the benefits of networking.
Throughout the semester, students are introduced to various career and motivational speakers. Recruiters from the armed services, police officers, science and medical experts, financial aid, college counselors, and more are brought into the classroom to inform students of careers in these areas. Students are also taken on virtual tours of local manufacturers to educate them in the world of manufacturing that may well be different from their grandfather's or even their father's.
Certificates Available Through the Program
- First Aid/CPR, AED, and Narcan training
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- OSHA 10
- Other certificate programs available
For additional program information, email Jay Francis.
Job Skills Assessment Services
Through PA CareerLink® Bucks County’s job skills assessment services, we discover the transferable skills from your education, work history and everyday life. Then, we help you discover new employment and education opportunities that may be a good match for you and develop a Personal Employment Plan. For more information, email Todd Richter, Assessment Supervisor.
PA CareerLink® Bucks County is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. This service is 100% federally funded with WIOA funds.
Director, PA CareerLink® Bucks County
4800 East Street Road
Trevose, PA 19053
TTY relay dial 711
Bucks County Community College
1 Hillendale Road
Perkasie, PA 18944