The Southern side of the house was the original home, built in the Federal Style with a parlor, dining room and entry hall on the first floor, and three bedrooms on the second, with a cellar and an attic. These rooms have the original wide pine flooring, woodwork, mantels and exterior door with elliptical fanlight. An out-kitchen once stood to the north of the original building.
Interior: The northern section of the house was added in the 1850s. This section had a parlor and dining room on the ground floor and an additional three bedrooms on the second floor. This new addition added Victorian details like the faux painted wood grain trim and faux marble fireplace surround. The roofline was altered, as was the front door, and a porch was added. At this time a new barn and carriage house were constructed. The two-story west section of the house was added between 1870 and 1880. This section contained a kitchen and one upstairs room.