Minor's Guardian

A petition for guardianship of a minor is filed in the Orphans' Court. A hearing date is assigned. If the petition is granted a final decree is signed and guardian is appointed by a judge. In cases where the minor is awarded money, the minor must have a guardian appointed by the court to ensure proper handling of the minor's estate.

The Bucks County Law Library has resources available if you have questions on these procedures.