New Americans Advisory Commission
Commission meets quarterly at the Bucks County Administration Building, 55 E. Court Street, Room 110A, Doylestown, PA 18901 and occasionally via Zoom (see agenda for details). Meetings begin at 5:30 PM
2023 Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023 (Annual Meeting)
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Tuesday, July 18, 2023 (Meeting to be held via Zoom only.)
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023 ( Join via Microsoft Teams, details below)
Microsoft Teams Meeting Information
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 258 579 218 879
Fifteen members serve the Commission for four-year terms.
Sue-Ann DiVito, Chair
Stephanie A.G. Ferrandez, Esq.
Dr. Umar Farooq
Dermot F. Kennedy
About the Board
The role of the Commission is exclusively advisory in nature. The specific purposes of the Commission are:
- To foster interracial, interethnic communications with New Americans (immigrants and first- or second-generation Americans) with the goal to identify opportunities throughout Bucks County for equitable economic growth and the sharing of cultural experiences.
- To advise the Bucks County Commissioners on matters relating to New Americans.
- To assist Bucks County residents in easing the path to citizenship.
To learn more about the Commission, email NewAmericans@BucksCounty.org.
Please also visit the Bucks County Hub's Resources for Immigrants, Refugees, Asylees and other New Americans page.