Short Term Rentals

Short-term rentals, such as those booked via Airbnb or Vrbo, are subject to the County's Hotel Lodging Tax.  Airbnb revenues are reported separately from all other short-term rental revenues. The owner of the short-term rental unit is responsible for filing quarterly reports at: Lodging Room Rental Tax Portal | Host Compliance 

Common questions regarding short-term rentals (STRs)

Who is required to file?

Anyone who advertises a short-term rental unit is required to file on a quarterly basis. Please refer to the filing due dates page for more detailed information.

Where do I file my  quarterly report?

You can file your report at

I already pay the tax through Airbnb. Do I still need to file?

Yes. Our reporting portal accounts for payments already made through Airbnb. While Airbnb remits payment on an owners behalf, they do not submitted the accompanying reports. Even if you do not owe additional tax, you are still required to file quarterly reports.

What qualifies as a short-term rental?

Any property rented for less than thirty (30) days. This includes private rentals in addition to those booked through sites such as Airbnb or Vrbo.

Where can I find my parcel number?

You can find your property's parcel number using the County's lookup tool: Bucks County Parcel & Floodplain Viewer ( 

I never filed before. Why am I required to now?

The Bucks County Treasurer's Office began requiring short term rental owners to file and remit the Hotel Lodging Tax in June 2021.